Good Summer Reading 2010 List
Anthony Doerr's Picks
- The Lonely Polygamist, by Brady Udall
- Super Sad True Love Story: A Novel, by Gary Shteyngart
- The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake, by Aimee Bender
- State by State: A Panoramic Portrait of America, edited by Matt Weiland and Sean Wilsey
- Every Man Dies Alone, by Hans Fallada
- Rock and Roll Will Save Your Life, by Steve Almond
- Insectopedia, by Hugh Raffles
- The Summer Book, by Tove Jansson
- For young adults: The Invention of Hugo Cabret, by Brian Selznick
IdahoPTV Staff Picks
- Marcia: A Single Square Picture, by Katy Robinson
- Joan: The Brain that Changes Itself, by Norman Doidge
- Ron: The Big Burn, by Tim Egan.
- Kevin: Lies My Teacher Told Me, by James Loewen
- Cassandra: Ender's Game, by Orson Scott Card
- Melanie: Anne of Green Gables, by Lucy Maud Montgomery
- Rick: Middlesex, by Jeffrey Eugenides
- Marilyn: Millennium Trilogy: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest, by Stieg Larsson
- Margaret: Portrait of a Lady, by Henry James
- Kim: Daisy Fay and the Miracle Man, by Fannie Flagg
- Kelsey: Everything I Want to Do is Illegal: War Stories From the Local Food Front, by Joel Salatin.
- Monica: Animal, Vegetable, Miracle, by Barbara Kingsolver
- Sue: Half of a Yellow Sun, by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Cec: Little Bee, by Chris Cleave.
- Jeff: The Help, by Kathryn Stockett.
- Fran: Within Our Reach: Ending the Mental Health Crisis, by Rosalynn Carter
- Sarah: Ornament of the World, Maria Rosa Menocal
- Georgia: Lake Overturn, by Vestal McIntyre.
- Janna: Lonesome Dove, by Larry McMurtry
- Diane: A Short History of Nearly Everything, by Bill Bryson
- Scott: The Black Minutes, by Martin Solares