PRESS RELEASE — Friday, September 6, 2013
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Sept. 13 DIALOGUE Discusses Israeli-Palestinian Relations
— Airs Friday, September 13, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, September 15, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
As talks between Israelis and Palestinians start up once again, DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin talks with an Israeli and a Palestinian about conversations they’ve organized for years between their respective communities as a result of funding from a Boise nonprofit.
Eden Fuchs, a former colonel in the Israeli Defense Forces, and Ibrahim Issa, a Palestinian educator, are part of a Boise-based group called the Center for Emerging Futures, started by Boisean Whit Jones and his wife, Paula. The center brings together Israelis and Palestinians in the West Bank to get to know each other and then form groups around their mutual interests, such as travel, sports, cooking and computer programming. Franklin talks with Fuchs and Issa about why they’ve decided to work together, the challenges they face, and what they consider as their successes. She also talks with Jones about his goals for the center.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.