PRESS RELEASE — Friday, September 27, 2013
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Retired Supreme Court Justice O'Connor on Oct. 4 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, October 4, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
— Repeats Sunday, October 6, at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT
As the U.S. Supreme Court heads toward its opening session the first Monday in October, DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin talks with retired Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor. O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the nation's highest court, was in Boise last month as the keynote speaker at the Andrus Center for Public Policy's conference on women and leadership; she received the center’s annual leadership award during her visit.
Franklin and O'Connor discuss several of O'Connor's interests, including civic education for children, judicial independence, and fly–fishing. Franklin also shows scenes from the conference and talks with David Adler, professor of public affairs and director the Andrus Center at Boise State University, about his goals for the event.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.