PRESS RELEASE — Friday, February 28, 2014
For information contact: Bob Evancho at 373-7369
Anne Peterson at 373-7368
Former Supreme Court Justice O'Connor on March 7 DIALOGUE
— Airs Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT
In an encore presentation, DIALOGUE host Marcia Franklin interviews former U.S. Supreme Court Justice Sandra Day O'Connor, the first woman to serve on the high court.
During the show, which airs Friday, March 7, at 7:30 p.m., they discuss O'Connor's current interests, including civic education for children, judicial independence, and fly-fishing. The program coincides with International Women's Day, which is on Saturday, March 8.
The show's regularly scheduled Sunday afternoon repeat is preempted by FESTIVAL 2014 programming.
O'Connor talked with Franklin last year when she was in Idaho as keynote speaker at the Andrus Center for Public Policy's conference on women and leadership. Franklin also interviews David Adler, director of the Andrus Center.
View or listen to DIALOGUE episodes in a variety of formats:
- Over-the-air high-definition broadcast on the Idaho channel airs Fridays at 7:30 p.m. MT/PT, with repeats Sundays at 5:00/4:00 p.m. MT/PT. To find local channel information for over-the-air broadcast, cable or satellite go to: idahoptv.org/about/wheretofind.cfm.
- Standard-definition over-the-air broadcasts air on Plus and World channels throughout the week, days and evenings, times vary. Plus is available through some cable companies; consult local suppliers.
- Video streaming is available through IdahoPTV’s video player that also features national PBS shows (video.idahoptv.org). The DIALOGUE web page (idahoptv.org/dialogue) also offers a library of videos through a player that is compatible with most computers and mobile devices, including iOS devices.
- PBS app for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch is available free from iTunes; choose “Programs” (the symbol resembles a deck of cards) and scroll to DIALOGUE.
- Podcasts (MP3, audio-only; and MP4, audio-video for Macintosh and iTunes users) are available for download from idahoptv.org/dialogue.
- KBSX 91.5 FM audio-only airs in Southwest Idaho. Sundays, at 11:30 a.m. MT.