Learning Ecosystem - Distance Learning
Welcome to IdahoPTV Distance Learning! As schools and students, families and educators adapt to the current health crisis, we have gathered some of our free, trusted digital resources from PBS LearningMedia and our award-winning educational preschool programming. PBS LearningMedia resources span disciplines for grades PreK-12, are aligned to national and state standards, and include videos, comprehensive lessons, and other activities. Start exploring your resource options below.
Resources by Collection
PBS LearningMedia producers and educators have come together to curate a special collection of resources organized by grade and subject area. PBS LearningMedia - PreK-12 Resources for Emergency Closings
Additional Resources for Educators
PBS LearningMedia producers and educators have come together to curate a special collection of resources organized by grade and subject area. PBS LearningMedia - PreK-12 Resources for Emergency Closings and Recursos de PreK-12 para Cierres de Emergencia
Instructional Guides for PBS LearningMedia
- About PBS LearningMedia
- Google Classroom Integration - Sync class rosters and assignments with our Google Classroom integration.
- Class Rostering without Google Classroom - Don't use Google Classroom? You can still add class rosters to make assigning easier.
- Shareable Content Folders - Learn how you can easily create and share a folder of resources with students or colleagues.
- Advanced Search and Browse Features - Find out how you can use PBS LearningMedia to find the perfect resources to enhance distance learning lessons.
- Make Lesson Planning Easier with PBS LearningMedia iBooks
- Create Your Own Content with Teacher Productivity Tools
- Apps for Learning Goals PreK – 5 (PDF)
- PBS Learning Media - Bring the World to Your Classroom (PDF)
- Resources to promote healthy habits and explain COVID-19 to students, tips for distance learning and more
- PBS Teachers’ Lounge blog: resources to help educators navigate conversations with young children about COVID-19, to support distance learning and new school routines and more
Additional Resources for Parents and Caregivers
The Idaho PBS KIDS Channel Live Stream is available on mobile, tablet, and connected TV devices and offers on-demand educational videos, and a live stream of the PBS KIDS 24/7 channel. No subscription required.
The PBS KIDS Games app has nearly 200 educational games like Cookie Monster's Challenge and Play and Learn Science, which can be downloaded for offline play anytime, anywhere. Learn more about these and PBS KIDS' other apps HERE.
PBS KIDS for Parents offers information, activities, and tips for parents, including this resource on "How to Talk to Your Kids About Coronavirus."
Is your child's school closed due to coronavirus concerns? PBS KIDS' new weekday newsletter offers activities and tips you can use to help kids play and learn at home. Sign up for PBS KIDS Daily!
PBS KIDS.org offers children educational games and videos from Curious George, Wild Kratts and other PBS KIDS shows so children can learn while they play.
Your friends on Sesame Street are here to support you during the COVID-19 health crisis. We know that these are very stressful times; daily lives have been disrupted, and families everywhere are trying to create a new sense of normalcy.